Actions and Detail Panel
Family Business Series - Employing Family Members
Thu 20 April 2017, 08:00 – 09:30 BST
In this, the last of four seminars in a series aiming to provide family businesses with a roadmap to success, the Kuits Family Business team will be exploring common issues that arise when employing family members and, importantly, how this corresponds with the management of non-family member employees.
This session will also look at case studies to illustrate particular pitfalls and how decisions can fall foul of discrimination laws.
Key discussion points will include:
- Things to think about when employing spouses and children
- Do family members need employment contracts?
- The importance of clear recruitment, promotion and redundancy policies
- Ensuring non-family members within the business are not discriminated against
- Common disputes and how you might resolve them
- Some potential pitfalls and ways to prevent and manage them
- Remuneration of family members – shares or salary?
About the Series
The Kuits Family Business team knows that no two family businesses are the same. We understand the pressures that family-owned businesses face, but also the freedom that running such a business gives.
This series of seminars will equip you with the knowledge and support you need to successfully implement practices that will drive high performance and healthy family relationships, and safeguard your family business for the future.