Actions and Detail Panel
Family Business Series: Protecting your Business from Family Fallouts
Thu 9 March 2017, 08:00 – 09:30 GMT
In this, the third of four seminars in a series aiming to provide family businesses with a roadmap to success, the Kuits Family Business team will be exploring how family breakdowns can have a significant negative impact on a business and what steps you can take to protect your business from fallouts, now and in the future.
Probably the most common of these is divorce. Separation can seriously harm family businesses, because they are likely to be treated as matrimonial assets. Naturally, people entering into a marriage do not do so with the expectation of parting ways sometime down the line. However, it is imperative that business owners, especially, consider the impact their divorce, or the divorce of any family members with ownership of the business, may have.
Key discussion points will include:
- Ways of protecting the current and future value and wealth of your business
- The impact your children’s marriages may have on your business
- The role of pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Passing down wealth and ownership to children in the event of divorce
- What to do if there is a dispute
- The role of trusts and how they can be protected
About the Series
The Kuits Family Business team knows that no two family businesses are the same. We understand the pressures that family-owned businesses face, but also the freedom that running such a business gives.
This series of seminars will equip you with the knowledge and support you need to successfully implement practices that will drive high performance and healthy family relationships, and safeguard your family business for the future.