In this seminar, part of a series of four events aiming to provide family businesses with a roadmap to success, we will start by briefly exploring the different types and models of family business, what makes them different, what their unique strengths and challenges are, and why this often requires a tailored approach.
Our expert Family Business Team will then go on to look in more detail at succession planning, exploring best practice around structuring, ownership transitioning and taxation, using real-life case studies to help illustrate where things can go right and wrong, and how to avoid the latter!
Key discussion points will include:
- The different routes you may be considering – succession or sale
- Developing the next generation of management and shareholders
- Classes of shares – voting and non-voting rights
- How best to reward success
- Managing ownership and leadership transitions
- The role of trusts and will planning
- Tax relief options and tax efficiency
- What you must consider when preparing the family business for sale
- Is the sale of the family business the end of the family business?
About the Series
The Kuits Family Business team knows that no two family businesses are the same. We understand the pressures that family-owned businesses face, but also the freedom that running such a business gives.
This series of seminars will equip you with the knowledge and support you need to successfully implement practices that will drive high performance and healthy family relationships, and safeguard your family business for the future.