San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
3-Day Family Group Meetings: Engaging with and Empowering Families Skills Training (Module 4)
Provide participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to coordinate/facilitate Family Group Meetings/Conferences (FGM/C)
All participants to gain: -
- a practical and theoretical knowledge of both ‘structured’ and free flowing FGM/C processes
- an insight into the various applications of FGM/C at a formal level
- enhanced or consolidated ability to engage with and empower families effectively
- experience of the practical application of the above through role-play
- training linked to National Occupational Standards for Restorative Practice
- an opportunity to obtain sufficient knowledge, skills and evidence of learning to pursue individual accreditation
The course focuses on working restoratively in the preparation for and facilitation of the SynRJ structured Family Group Meeting, as well as the traditional Family Group Conference models.
AGENDA & MATERIALS
Students receive a detailed student workbook which follows the course, the IIRP text book 'Family Power: Engaging and Collaborating with Families' and other useful handouts and resources. Fee includes lunch and refreshments plus all course materials.
Each day runs 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (Registration 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.)
There are plenty of accommodation choices available in the area.
Save This Event
When & Where
The team at SynRJ have a long and distinguished track record in restorative justice and practices, education, residential care, personal and community safety, policing, crime reduction and criminal justice.
With a wide range of bespoke programmes (including those delivered by our associates), CPD, training events, consultancy and services to choose from, you're sure to find exactly what you're looking for. If you require assistance, our experienced team will provide you with expert guidance. We're looking forward to working with you.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless stated otherwise, SynRJ and IIRP Europe courses and workshops are presented in the ENGLISH language - IELTS Level 5 to 6 is recommended. Details at: www.ielts.org
PLEASE NOTE: All courses are subject to achieving minimum numbers. You will be notified of cancellations at least 28 days prior to the course start date.