Fashion Mission to Japan
Sunday, 6 November 2016 at 09:00 - Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 17:00 (JST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the Department for International Trade (DIT) and the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT) on a Fashion Mission to Japan. Showcase your products to major buyers, meet potential partners and unlock substantial business opportunities.
The 2 day showcase at the Ambassador's Residence is an ideal opportunity for delegates to present their collections to over 500 Japanese buyers and distributors.
- With a total GDP of 4123 billion US dollars in 2015, Japan has the world 3rd largest economy after the US and China.
- The Japanese fashion market including jewellery and accessories, was worth 17 billion US dollars in 2014 and is ranked 3rd in the world.
- There are over 200 department stores, 500 fashion boutique chains and many independent stores nationwide.
- Japan is the UK’s largest export destination for fashion. It is also seen as a gateway to markets in other Asian countries.
- Japan is the 4th largest E-commerce market in the world, followed by the US, China and the UK with a market size of 79 billion US dollars in 2015.
- UK Registered Businesses
- Eligibility and suitability will be assessed upon application. We are accepting luxury, premium and designer fashion brands and manufacturers from clothing, footwear, bags, accessories and jewellery categories.
Fashion Mission information
Dates: 6 - 10 November 2016
Administration fee: £750 (+VAT). Additional costs for flights and in-market activities to be covered by the companies.
Please register your interest for this Fashion Mission on this page. We will contact you to start the registration process and assess your eligibility based on your application form.