Actions and Detail Panel
Fast track the impact of your research
Wed 26 April 2017, 13:00 – 16:30 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
For all University of Portsmouth Research and Academic Staff
This session will give you everything you need to generate real-world impacts from your research. You will leave with practical tools you can use immediately in your research, whatever your discipline and career stage. The training is based on the latest research evidence and takes a unique relational approach to deliver wide-reaching and lasting impacts. As part of the session you will receive a free copy of The Research Impact Handbook (275 pages) for future reference, and you will have the opportunity to sign up for free follow-up online training and support.
- Learn about evidence-based principles for delivering research impact that you can use at every stage of your research
- Be inspired by case studies that will encourage you to think out of the box and approach impact in new ways
- Be challenged to think critically about how you plan for, track and report impacts as you discuss impact case studies linked to pathways to impact
- Find out what the Stern Review is likely to mean for impact in the next Research Excellence Framework
Discover easy and quick-to-use templates you can use immediately to:
- Identify beneficiaries of your research, those who may be negatively affected by your work, and those who have the power to facilitate or block your impact
- Create a powerful impact plan that will guarantee your research makes a difference
After the workshop, you are invited to sign up to an online five-part follow-on course (over 5 weeks) with practical steps you can follow to embed the lessons from the workshop in your research. Prof Reed offers up to two 30 minute sessions with member of the group to provide additional support to those going through the steps, and he provides one-to-one feedback on materials developed by those who complete all the steps (e.g. a policy brief, impact plan, case study or storyboard for a film).
About the trainer
Prof Mark Reed is a recognized international expert in impact research with >100 publications that have been cited >7000 times. He has won awards for the impact of his work as the HEFCE N8 Chair of Socio-Technical Innovation at Newcastle University and Research Manager for an international charity.
Fast Track Impact is an international training company working in the Higher Education and research and innovation sectors. Our mission is to change the way researchers generate and share knowledge, so that their ideas can change the world.