07:30 – 08:00 – Arrival, refreshments and networking
08:00 – 08:30 – An essential guide to exporting
This session will outline the key considerations when approaching exports for the first time or when bidding to become more proactive in your approach to securing overseas sales.
You will be presented with a 10-point plan to exporting, covering the fundamentals of exporting including:
· finding the right market
· getting prepared and reviewing your business capabilities
· key consideration and avoiding costly mistakes
· closing the deal
08:30 – 08:45 – Online tools
Gain access to a range of online tools and learning resources which will:
· provide you with real-time and live overseas sales opportunities
· help you sense check your plans
· assist you to develop an action plan for export growth
08:45 – 09:15 – E-Commerce, an platform for Growth
Opportunities for online sales are huge and growing. By selling online UK companies can:
· find new customers in overseas markets
· do business 24/7
· build brand awareness
· access new markets in a low cost way
· monitor real time sales and use data to make informed business decision
09:15 – 09:45 – Fast Track for Growth programme
Hear from local representative from the Department for International Trade on a newly launched programme for new and inexperienced exporters operating within the food & drink and consumer sectors including as fashion, retail, luxury goods and giftware.
This intensive and free to join initiative is designed to fast track growth by connecting your business with specialist International Trade Advisers and a wealth of resources to get your business export ready and then connect you with buyers from around the world.
09:45 – 10:00 – Q & A session and next step