Actions and Detail Panel
Festival of Ancient and Modern Science
Tue 7 February 2017, 15:00 – 19:00 GMT
This event is a celebration of ancient and modern science, and areas of the school will be themed on ancient and modern areas of scientific understanding and exploration! All visitors will be given a discovery booklet which they can get stamped for visiting the different areas.
All ages are welcome to attend - there will be activities and events suitable for every age range. School groups are very welcome to attend - please email to book.
The Festival will be opened by Professor Robert Winston, and from 3 - 5.45pm there will be activities, demonstrations, stalls and exhibitions, a walk-through exhibition in the Library and the opportunity to see the new science building at Cheney. There will also be re-enactments, music and drama performances.
We are also hosting the following talks from authors and experts:
- 3 - 3.30pm - Professor Robert Winston opens the festival
- 3.45 - 4.15pm - Kyle Grant: "Growing Plants on Mars"
- 4.30 - 5pm - Ben Kane: "Archimedes and Ancient Weaponry"
- 5.15 - 5.45pm - Professor Helen King: "What’s wrong with me? Symptoms and labels in Hippocratic medicine"
- 6 - 6.45pm - Professor Anthony Grayling: "The Science of the Presocratic Philosophers"
The Festival is free entry. Please email us to book places on the talks on firstname.lastname@example.org