A festive morning learning the skills to create professionally-polished, fondant covered cupcakes with style and ease. Anna Adams from Kennet House Cake Company will be guiding you through the materials to use and the secret tips that make life so much easier when you know how. This class will start with baking your own tray of perfect cupcakes and guide you through decorating them with a complete tool-kit of useful and varied techniques that you can re-use time and again for endless different effects. We will cover stencilling, using lustres, embossed designs and the creation of cute cupcake characters. We will also show you methods to use when you need to get ahead – always useful for parties & super important at this busy time of year. We are passionate about cake and look forward to sharing with you how easy it can be to create cakes that both look and taste amazing. This class packs in so much information from baking to our Great Taste Gold Award winning standard, to enhancing flavours with simple tricks, decorating & even storing your beautiful creations. We will be packing as much as we can into this short class to ensure that you go away with techniques that apply to all cakes large and small; and look forward to answering all of your baking and decorating questions along the way. No previous experience is required.
Morning course 9.30am to 1.30pm
- Overview of baking sponges, tips and tricks
- Making buttercream & syrups
- Preparing cupcakes for fondant
- Stencilling using lustres and royal icing
- Creating an embossed cupcake using simple tools
- Character cupcakes – the Snowman and Santa
What you'll make:
- A dozen perfectly baked cupcakes
- Light and fluffy buttercream
- A variety of decorative fondant toppers for each cupcake
- Arrive at 9.30am for tea and coffee and course introduction.
- An overview of baking and tips for creating perfect sponges.
- Preparing cupcakes for fondant decoration
- Working with fondant to create different effects
- Your beautiful creations boxed and ready to take home/eat in the car!
- Break for coffee/tea and, of course, cake.
- Course comes to a close at 1.30pm (at which point you may wish to carry on the festive mood & book yourself into the Woodspeen restaurant for lunch)
To take away:
- All notes from the day, including recipes, tips and tricks. A beautiful box of festive cupcakes.
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Woodspeen Cookery School
The Woodspeen Belmont
RG20 8BN Newbury
Description of the cookery school