figshare fest London
We invite you to join the 3rd figshare fest London!
figshare fest is a chance to gather together our institutional clients, advocates and friends to talk about everything figshare and open research.
This is not solely a vendor focused event, the programme will consist of a mix of talks from figshare customers as well as members of the research community talking about data publishing and broader research data management issues eg. researcher engagement, active data storage, data management plans and institutional RDM policy.
It will be useful for RDM policy makers, service providers and those simply wanting to know more about and be a part of the RDM community, including data managers, eResearch and research support leads, librarians, and IT managers with a focus on research.
10:00 - 10:30 - Networking and breakfast
10:30 - 11:00 - figshare update
figshare past, present and future, Dr Mark Hahnel, CEO and founder, figshare
11:00 - 12:30 - Workshops
- Product roadmap - What should we build next?
- Engagement - Now you have figshare, how do you get researchers to use it?
- figshare as an IR - We're being asked to do this, what are the gaps?
12:30 - 14:00 - Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 - Case study presentations
- Rolling out figshare at Stockholm University - Sofie Wennström, Stockholm University
- figshare from the researcher point of view - Matthew Partridge, Cranfield University
- Servicing New and Novel Forms of Data: Opportunities for Research - Aidan Condron, UK Data Archive
15:30 - 16:00 - Closing Keynote
Taking a Closer look at collaboration - Dr John Hammersley, CEO and founder, Overleaf
16:00 - 18:00 - Drinks!
* This event is open to anyone working for an academic institution, if you work for a commercial company please email email@example.com for an invite.