San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Production Guild and Film London present a panel event to take you through the entire process of filming with drones on feature films and TV drama productions and how to get the most out of this new piece of technology.
The panel of experts are all experienced in the processes of using drones on productions. There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions to the panel and topics covered through sessions on the evening will include:
- What is a drone, why you may want to shoot with drones and how they affect different cameras and shots
- What are the current regulations and how to make sure your production and your drone pilots are adhering to them
- What you need to consider when hiring a drone pilot and how to make sure you find someone at the right standard
- How to deal with and gain permission from locations and London boroughs to use drones within them
- How to manage your crew and locations when having a drone on set
- James Waller, Metropolitan Police Film Unit (Panel chair)
- Civil Aviation Authority - Supplies the regulations for the use of drones within the UK
- Angus Benson-Blair, BB Stratus - The only UK company legally able to fly in built up areas, to within 10m of the public, to 600ft day and night
- Emma Pill, Location Manager - Managed two locations in London whilst filming with drones on the upcoming James Bond film, SPECTRE
- Simon Hayden, Sky Work & Phil Conrad, Photodrones - Introducing us to the new guild for Drone Pilots
- Andy Pavord, FilmFixer - Works with London Boroughs and productions on the approval of the use of drones within the capital
- Ben Williams, Westminster Film Office - City promotions, Events and Filming team
- Emma Boswell, Helicopter Girls - Drone company who have 20 years of combined experience behind the lens
Speakers are subject to change
Invitations to attend this event in person have been sent out to industry invitees directly. If you have received an invitation, please register your place above.
YOUTUBE LIVE-STREAM PUBLIC ACCESS
The event will also be live-streamed in full through YouTube on The Production Guild’s YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/ProductionGuild). The stream is open to everyone and will start at 7pm on this page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pU0Sj4UMKw. After the event / live-stream has finished, the whole event will be available to watch VOD on this page at any time.
If you're intending to watch the event live on YouTube and would like to receive a reminder about the live-stream, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll then send you a message on the day of the event.
When & Where
The Production Guild of Great Britain
Based at Pinewood Studios, The Production Guild represents the professional interests of senior film and TV production professionals both within the United Kingdom as well as overseas.
The Production Guild is one of the leading film and television industry bodies to provide recognised training courses and seminars, many of which are open to non-members and the wider industry.
The Production Guild also constantly works closely with a wide range of other industry bodies and provides strong support to its membership, taking an active role in negotiations for new industry legislation and agreements and keeping in regular contact with production companies, broadcasters and major US studios regarding the professional availability of its members.
For further information visit www.productionguild.com