Actions and Detail Panel
FINAL AUDITION - Musical Theatre Foundation Course
Tue 25 April 2017, 17:30 – 19:30 BST
Book your Audition Now for Associated Studios Musical Theatre Foundation Course
This Spring, Associated Studios will run a 3 Month, Part-Time Musical Theatre Course, commencing in May 2017 and running Sunday's and Tuesday/Wednesday evening's.
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to explore and develop their Musical Theatre skills.
Focusing on developing the performers’ vocal, acting and dance skills, this course has a dynamic and rigorous schedule over an intensive three months - with extensive exposure to current, industry practitioners.
As a Foundation programme, this course will accept students with less performing experience, however the standard of training and industry tutors are exactly the same as the advanced courses.
Throughout the course you will work with well - known industry practitioners including: Directors, Musical Directors, Choreographers and Vocal Coaches.
We will focus on building a suitable audition repertoire folder, in addition to honing and laying the building blocks in Acting, Singing and Dancing.
Course work includes:
- Performance classes with leading Musical Directors, Performance Coaches and Directors. These classes develop presentation skills and allow participants to build an Audition Rep folder, develop their ability to make specific artistic and musical choices and teach them to ‘lengthen their long rope’.
- Vocal Technique classes building the vocal, physical and mental stamina required to succeed in a competitive business as well as encouraging a rigorous practice regime
- Repertoire classes to learn how to choose successful repertoire
- 32-Bar classes teaching participants how to cut songs appropriately and how to give of their best in a short space of time
- Composer project classes focusing on particular Musical Theatre composers, teaching style, performance history and exploring Musical Theatre History
- Performance confidence classes addressing the fact that many performers deal with anxiety, stage fright and lack of confidence. These sessions allow participants to work through these challenges in a supportive and safe environment.
- Marketing classes covering how to write a good industry standard CV, getting the right head shots, Theatre terminology and other skills
- Text Classes
- Classes exploring Method and Actioning
- Classes exploring how to handle the heightened acting style required in Panto and some Musical Theatre shows
- Monologues and speeches
- Scenes classes
- Jazz classes
- Musical Theatre Routine Classes
“Associated Studios will prepare you for a competitive but thrilling business and inspire you as a performer. You will be working with brilliant practitioners who have an extraordinary wealth of knowledge.”
Sir Tim Rice - Patron
"The Associated Studios has given me confidence, improved my vocal skills and introduced me to some of the best industry practitioners. It has confirmed my passion and prepared me for working in a competitive but thrilling business".
Jamie Lambert - Collabro
The full cost of this course is £2,250, this ticket entitles you to one audition only.
Please email email@example.com to book your 20 minute slot.
Associated Studios are dedicated to providing accessible training and can offer interest free installment plans to help spread the cost of fees.
Please email for further information.