Not confident in dealing with financial reports, budgeting or variance analysis? Many people move into roles that require them to start understanding and utilising elements of finance.
Before you start worrying join us at the GROW Training Café where we can lend you a helping hand.
This workshop will help you to develop knowledge and understanding of budgeting, variance analysis, performance measures and more.
So if you’re from a non-finance background and need a quick and intensive boost to your skills this is for you!
On this workshop you’ll be covering:
- Profit and Loss - We will explore what is it and why is it so important and how you use it monthly to track performed.
- Balance sheet - Understand what the balance sheet does, who will use it and what some of the measures mean. Looking at key terminology, eg working capital, depreciation, directors accounts, profits
- Costing - We share some tools and techniques to help you understand how to price goods or establish the cost of a change. Too often businesses forget key items such as the cost of premises, power and people in working out what to charge, especially if it is a small business.
- Value for Money - Giving you an opportunity to ensure planned changes or existing processes really are monies well spent.
- Budgets - Looking forward to next year this section will help you think about both forecasted sales along with costs to consider as part of your planning.
- Case Study - Forecasts and actuals – what are the key things to look out for.
- Cash flow - Using your budgets, what does this mean in terms of cash in and cash out of the business, could you need a loan?
- Key Metrics - We will finish the day looking at the important information that shows how your business is truly performing
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
Be able to understand financial statements such as Profit & Loss, and budgets whilst being able to develop a cash flow statement and how to manage it effectively. Understand Key terminology, e.g. working capital, profits an understand budgets & transaction listings. Be able to understand Items to budget for, employees and costs, consumables and cost of sales.
So cut through the jargon and get your head around your finance responsibilities with our industry expert on this incredible workshop!
Please be aware there are no parking facilities on site and street parking is limited, the nearest paid parking is the Brewary Wharf Car Park by the Tetley.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 0113 308 7978