- The basic principles
- Explanation of financial terminology including the USALI
- Business controls to manage revenue and cost
- How to trade and make a profit
- Calculation and interpretation of industry ratios such as REVPAR, GOPPAR and REVPASH
- Brief overview of the difference between CAPEX and operational spend
Introduction to the Balance Sheet:
- Long term vs. short term assets
- Working capital
- Profit measurement in relation to investment
Introduction to the Cash flow:
- Planning for cash requirements
- Controlling cash and other current assets
- Working capital controls
- Simple KPI’s to measure performance
‘Finance for Non Financial Managers’ has been written by Debra Adams, author of the highly acclaimed textbook 'Strategic Management Accounting for the Hospitality Industry' and is delivered over the course of one day by an experienced facilitator from arena4finance. The day is complete with course notes and refreshments. Taking a practical approach, the course is highly interactive and consists of a series of worked examples, case studies and discussions as well as access to our online resources.
Terms & Conditions
All payments must be received prior to the course commencing.
In the event that you need to cancel your booking for one of arena4finance’s courses, the following fees are applicable:
Within two weeks of the course date: 50% fee payable
Within one week of the course date: full fee payable
In the event that arena4finance should need to cancel the course any fees paid will be refunded excluding any travel costs.
Please see our full terms & conditions on our website www.arena4finance.co.uk
When & Where
arena4finance offers training, coaching and mentoring to help business managers to understand and interpret financial information.
Through our courses and events, we help our learners to gain an improved insight into:
- understanding basic accounting principles
- how to interpret and use financial information to improve profitability
- planning and forecasting revenue and cost
- improving costing and pricing
- revenue management and data analysis
- asset management and investment strategies
We aim to equip our learners so they are able to make better business decisions, have the ability to interpret information and above all, to develop more profitable and efficient businesses.
We do all of this by offering a range of open and bespoke training courses for businesses in the service sector.
To support our learners we also offer support after training by providing access to a variety of resources online , this consists of online tutor support, bite sized learning content, links to external resources and more.
Courses can be delivered on site or at a location to suit your business. We can also assist with accreditation, programme development and hosting online content using our secure learning management systems.
Suite 6 Merley House Business Centre, Merley House Lane, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 3AA