Practical financial management for charities
Speaker: Jen Gerrard
This course is designed to explore key aspects of financial management for charitable organisations and to enhance your working knowledge of Microsoft Excel - an essential tool for anyone working in charity finance.
In addition to considering the financial components of the Trustees' Annual Report (such as the Reserves Policy) we will learn the basics of preparing budgets and cash flow forecasts in Microsoft Excel and how to assess the performance of your organisation from management information provided.
A combination of lecturing, practical exercises (using Microsoft Excel) and discussion will ensure that you come away with a good understanding of both trustee and/ or director responsibilities and the practical aspects of financial management for charitable entities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Suitable for those working with:
- Unincorporated charitable organisations (i.e. associations or trusts)
- Charitable companies
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs)
Whether you are a trustee or an individual working in charity finance, this course could be for you if you would like to:
- Gain clarity over what it means to be a Trustee and an appreciation of the associated statutory responsibilities;
- Understand what financial information is key to the Trustees’ Annual Report, including how to set and monitor a Reserves Policy;
- Be able to prepare a basic budget or cash flow forecast using Microsoft Excel - both at project and organisational level;
- Learn what constitutes useful management information - in the context of your own organisation;
- Feel more confident when reporting on the financial performance of an organisation.
- Financial management - overview
- Trustee responsibilities
- Trustees' Annual Report - drafting key financial disclosures
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Assessing financial performance
Should you have any queries regarding the above, or would like to be added to our waiting list, then please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or call us on 0800 180 4201 and we will be pleased to assist in any way that we can.
Save This Event
When & Where
1st Floor, Linear Park
BS2 0PS Bristol
Gerrard Financial Consulting Limited
Based in Bristol we provide financial training, consultancy and accountancy services to charities and Not-For-Profits (NFPs). We know what it means to operate in the charity and NFP sector and understand the unique culture and aspirations which set Third Sector organisations aside from typical commercial businesses.
Our practical finance courses have been carefully developed by our own trainers, driven by their passion and enthusiasm for all things NFP. Each and every member of the team brings a wealth of trustee and charity finance experience to the table, enabling us to offer grounded and practical insights to many of the problems faced by today's finance workers.
- New to NFP finance?
- Taking on further responsibilities within an existing role?
- Seeking a greater understanding of your duties and responsibilities as a trustee?
- Wishing to consolidate and build on bookkeeping experience gained through a voluntary position?
- Experiencing rapid organisational growth which your current financial management and reporting infrastructure is struggling to support?
Whatever your position, our courses cater for all levels of experience covering a wide range of financial accounting, management, governance and planning topics.
For a complete programme of our course offerings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 180 4201 today where a member of our team will be happy to assist you in finding the right course to suit your training needs.