Every year we focus on the most pressing and current global issues in wind, bringing together a number of high profile and engaging speakers in a series of themed panel discussions covering emerging and established markets, policy, investment trends, and the market opportunities and risks in the year ahead.
A small, and personal, event our delegates always enjoy the opportunity to discuss these issues with our speakers - creating good natured and fascinating debates.
The conference will take place from 9.00am-3.30pm on Thursday 27th October at a venue in the City of London.
We'll bring together a rich and varied panel of speakers to explore three key and important themes that are top of the agenda in 2016, including:
- Financing Trends: Debt and equity, both onshore and offshore across established markets including the UK, Europe and North America
- Emerging Markets: The effects of slowing growth in China and the world economy, the impact this has on prospects for new markets in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and South America
- Maximising Returns: How developers and investors can maximise project returns, covering all parts of the lifecycle including pre-construction, operations and maintenance and end-of-life planning
The speakers and panelists
We are in the process of securing speakers and keynotes for the 2016 event, and announcements will be made in due course. By way of example, the 2015 event included:
- Morten Sørensen, Head of Large Corporates at EKF;
- Ivan Pineda, Director of Public Affairs at the European Wind Energy Association;
- Gordon White, Director at The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ;
- Bronwyn Sutton, Renewable Energy Consultant at SgurrEnergy;
- Mortimer Menzel, Partner at Augusta & Co;
- David Jones, Managing Director, Renewable Energy at Allianz Capital Partners;
- David Cunningham, Cleantech & Renewables Principal Analyst, at SgurrEnergy;
- Jean-Pascal Boutin, Head of Regulatory at Eversheds LLP;
- Steven Mandel, Vice President, Denham Capital Management LP;
- Paul Battelle, Director, Infrastructure & Energy Finance, Deutsche Bank;
- Kerry Scott, Project Manager, Marubeni Europower Ltd;
- Marc Oman, Energy & Infrastructure, EMEA, Google Inc
Why attend? Well, a number of reasons. You will:
- Benefit from the insight of the major developers, manufacturers, corporations and investment funds driving the growth of wind;
- Gain market intelligence by engaging in in-depth Q&A sessions;
- Make new connections at our networking lunch
Order your Early Bird ticket now
The conference is free for silver and gold members of A Word About Wind, or you can purchase a ticket at our discounted Early Bird price. Register your attendance now to ensure that you don’t miss out.
We have a small and select number of co-sponsorship opportunities. If you'd like to get your business or organisation in front of some of the most important people in wind, then get in touch with Membership Manager Oliver Plews.
Do you have questions about Financing Wind 2016?
Contact A Word About Wind