Actions and Detail Panel
Finding common ground on the way forward - Manchester
Sun 16 October 2016, 15:30 – 17:00 BST
Join us for CommonGround’s first event in Manchester, led by Hugo Dixon, one of the founders of CommonGround, and Michael Dougan, Professor of European Law at the University of Liverpool. This event will bring together campaigners from across Manchester for a discussion on how we can turn pro-European goals and values into action
Points for discussion will include:
- Given the current political situation, how can we turn our principles into practice and pursue a broader vision of a fair and open society – and honest politics?
- With the Conservatives being pulled to the right and Labour to the left, how can we navigate the political vacuum?
- What’s next for post-referendum Britain and how can we heal the divides exposed by the referendum?
- How should pro-Europeans be mobilising in the post-referendum environment? With hard Brexit seeming increasingly likely, what is the best means of influencing the debate to ensure that Remain voters are represented in what happens next?
- What can we do to reclaim the political space and what should our role be going forward?
For more information on CommonGround please visit our website at http://www.commongrounduk.com