The Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness is designed to help an organisation to meet its duties under current fire safety legislation by providing employees with essential knowledge about fire safety, helping them to understand how to prevent a fire from starting as well as what actions to take if a fire does break out.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Main causes and effects of fires in the workplace
- Duties and responsibilities (of employers, employees and fire wardens)
- Procedures in the event of a fire
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire risk management, including risk assessment
- The fire triangle
- Fire risk control measures (active and passive)
- Reporting fire safety issues
- Portable fire-fighting equipment
- Simple checks of portable fire-fighting equipment
Designed for all employees:
- Fire Marshalls
- those with no specific fire-safety role
- those undertaking induction training
- as an introduction for those who intend to move on to further fire-safety training
This course is brought to you by Hull CVS and SOVA
When & Where
Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS)
A registered charity, Hull CVS has been supporting the sustainable development of voluntary and community groups and promoting volunteering in Hull since 1981.
Our work is guided by the values of promoting justice, equality and improving quality of life.
Whether you are a small community-led group or a large one with paid members of staff Hull CVS is here to help you.