Actions and Detail Panel
Fire safety in residential care homes
Wed 12 April 2017, 13:00 – 15:00 BST
This training session aims to highlight the importance of fire safety within residential care homes and is aimed at care home staff, managers and care property owners.
The subjects covered will include, but not exclusively:
- Basic fire safety knowledge including the fire triangle.
- Examples of care home fires and their outcomes.
- The use of various types of fire fighting equipment.
- Evacuation strategies, including single stage, progressive horizontal (PHE) and delayed evacuation.
- Managing risk.
- Means of escape and fire alarm.
- Legislation and guidance.
This two hour session represents excellent value for money and all attendees will be provided with a certificate upon completion of a brief written test.
A five minute Q&A session will conclude the training.