The course provides an understanding of:
- the number of fires and fire deaths and the common causes of fire;
- how fire starts and spreads;
- current UK legislation and its effect on fire safety in premises;
- spotting hazards and protecting against fire;
- fire warden roles and responsibilities;
- how to select and use a fire extinguisher;
- what to do in the event of a fire; and
- when and how to safely evacuate your building
Participants will also see a fire safety DVD and take a short 16-question quiz to achieve their Fire warden certificate.
The course is designed and developed by the Fire Protection Association (FPA) and delivered by Safety Delivery Limited.