First Aid At Work for ALSAR Team Members
To enable delegates to act as a First Aider in the workplace. This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety Executive and the current Lowland Rescue requirements for team first aiders.
The course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (avoiding cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions - to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with;
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock and use of auto-injectors (Epipen)*
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack and use of aspirin*, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
On successful completion of the course delegates will be awarded a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work which is valid for 3 years.
This course will cost £70 per head and is open only to ALSAR team members.
When & Where
Berkshire Lowland Search & Rescue
Berkshire Lowland Search and Rescue searches for missing children and vulnerable adults.
Our primary role is to provide specialist resources to Thames Valley Police to assist in the Search & Rescue of vulnerable missing people in Berkshire.
We are the oldest Lowland SAR team in the UK and developed many of the orginal Lowland SAR courses that are still in use today. We pride ourselves on providing high quality SAR courses to our ALSAR colleagues.