This course covers the requirements for Module 10 and those needing to renew their First Aid qualification. Topics covered includes;
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)
It is also suitable for Young Leaders. The course is very practical with participants taking it in turns to be first aiders and casualties in Scout-like scenarios inside and out.
Dress code: Old clothing which may get dirty, warm and comfortable
Lunch: Provided, so please advise of any special dietry needs.
Preparation: none required
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Course delivered by: Alan Critchon.
Enquiries through Christine Hobbs 0780 319 0846 or Crawleyscouts.email@example.com
NB there will be a £10 charge for candidates from outside of Crawley District.
Please advise your LTM/TA of your plan to attend as this system does not advise them.