Actions and Detail Panel
First Aid (Module 10 East Grinstead)
Sat 7 October 2017, 14:00 – 21:00 EDT
This course covers the requirements for Module 10 (Adults) and Module K (Young Leaders)of the training scheme and also those needing to renew their Scouting First Aid qualification.
Topics covered include;
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)
Dress code: Old clothing which may get dirty, warm and comfortable
Lunch: Provided, so please advise of any special dietary needs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 1 week before the course date
Preparation: none required
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Course delivered by: Paul Mortimer.
Enquiries through John Railton 01342 322205 or email@example.com
Please advise your LTM/TA of your plan to attend as this system does not advise them.