Come and learn the art of embroidery with story telling based on the lovely book for children and parents “First Steps in the Enchanted Forest of Stitches" by Bella Lane & John Lane.
Start your amazing journey in the world of hand embroidery and discover more about the rain forest through John's story telling. This class is the ideal mini-masterclass for the beginner to hand embroidery who would like to learn some embroidery stitches
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector.
John Lane OBE is a best selling author specialising in the Rain Forest Conservation. We are very honoured to have both Bella & John as guest teachers at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Undertand how to set up the fabric in the embrodery hoop and best types of needles and threads to use
- Use a number of different hand embroidery stitches including - Running stitch, Back stitch, Cross stitch, Boro stitch, Continental Tent stitch,
- Learn how to plan and transfer a design onto fabric ready for the embroidery stitches
- Have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craftperson.
- Feel inspired to embark on your own embroidery designs!
MATERIALS: Bella & John will be bringing along their book “First Steps in the Enchanted Forest of Stitches" which contains a special embroidery kit containing fabric, needle & threads for a workshop price of £12 payable on the day ( normal retail price £14.95) and there will be embroidery hoops available to use (which can be purchased in the shop after the class)
For booking Terms & Conditions
For more information on Fabrications, please visit our Website