We’ll help you identify the best quality produce and what to ask the fishmonger for to ensure he gives you the best produce, teaching you the skills required to prepare and cook your favourite fish and shellfish – from opening scallops to boning and filleting flat fish.
- Arrive at 9.30am for tea and coffee and course introduction
- The session will start with tips and advice on the quality points to look for when buying fish and shellfish
- Filleting and opening of the fish and various cuts
- Getting the most from your fish trim - stocks, sauces, dressings are key to a tasty dish
- For lunch a delicious fish dish from the mornings session
- Our afternoon practical session will be all about shellfish, the best cooking techniques, opening and storage
- Course comes to a close at 4.00pm
To take away: All notes and recipes from the day
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.