Fish: Filleting & Cooking
Fish – filleting and cooking (all day course)
We’ve created the perfect course to help you gain confidence in the kitchen and prepare all varieties of fish with the assurance of a professional. On this full day course you will learn how to select, prepare and cook the freshest sustainable fish from the shores of the British Isles. We will also teach you the importance of including fish in your diet and the health properties that eating fish can offer.
On the course you will learn:
- Filleting and boning flat fish and round fish
- Scaling and skinning fish
- Marinating and curing fish
- The methods of cooking fish, including a selection of dishes using grilling, frying, baking, poaching and steaming
- A selection of sauces that perfectly complement the fish dishes taught
All full day courses begin with an introduction by our professional chef tutors who have between them decades of experience within the industry, as well as a complimentary light breakfast of freshly baked pastries, tea and coffee.
Halfway through the day you are invited to sit down for a welcome break and enjoy a complimentary fish lunch with refreshments while you chat with your fellow classmates.
Once you have completed this course you will feel that you can tackle any fish dish in your home kitchen.
Tickets are priced at £125 and include a complimentary breakfast and lunch.
Please note that tickets are non refundable.