Food & Drink Exporters Group (Brighton) 220217
Wednesday, 22 February 2017 from 09:30 to 12:30 (GMT)
The South East region of the Department For International Trade (DIT) runs regular meetings and activities for food & drink exporters that are aimed at both established exporters and businesses that are looking to export for the first time. This meeting is run in collaboration with Sussex Chamber of Commerce.
The aims of the group are:
- To provide a face-to-face platform to exchange ideas, best practice, problems, issues and solutions
- To increase the visibility overseas of the group and its individual members
- To build awareness within the group of what each other makes and what is available locally
- To enable cross-referrals amongst the group - if you come across someone looking for mustard and you make macaroons why not refer them to someone in the group who does make mustard
- To explore ways of collaborating as a group, or part of the group
- To share knowledge of different markets and ways of doing business in those markets
- To share knowledge such as reliable suppliers of goods and services
- To share skills such as managing processes and dealing with people inside and outside an organisation
- To tap into the vast and varied pool of experience within the group
As well as optional group meetings, which take place at various venues across the region, we are organising other initiatives such as missions to selected markets and generally raising the visibility overseas of the group and its individual members. The South East Food & Drink Exporters Group is only open to food & drink companies based in the South East (Kent, East & West Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire and IOW, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire).
If you are already working with an International Trade Adviser you will automatically be included in the group email and will be sent details of the activities once you have registered. If you are not currently engaged with DIT an International Trade Adviser will contact you once you have registered your interest.