Join us in the UK's oldest and most renowned food and drink Market to explore and discover unique and delicious food from our traders, with beers especially selected to match and complement the dishes on offer.
Southwark was once home to the world’s largest brewery as well as the famous Hop Exchange, and is also credited for the introduction of hops to British beer recipes, so Borough Market is well placed as a hub of beer production. With live brew and cookery demonstrations and plenty of good food and craft beers to try, book your ticket now to discover and learn more about food and beer matching.
Here are some examples of what you can expect from the Food and Beer festival:
Beers made with pure sea water from the Mediterranean matched with Spanish cuisine; gujarati dishes complemented by locally brewed Bermondsey saisons from Partizan Brewery; and French cheeses and cured meats paired up with Belgium blondes and pale ales, to name a few. There will be something for everyone so grab a ticket and try something new.
- Entrance to the festival with each of our 16 traders carefully matched with 16 craft brewers
- Half pint of Budvar Tankové Pivo unpasteurised and direct from the cellars of the Czech Republic
- Cooking demonstrations each day by Patrick Williams and Lesley Holdship
- Talks each day led by people such as Pete Brown and Melissa Cole
- Home brewing demos and samples
- Live brewing and samples
- Beer cocktail demos and samples
- Food and Beer safaris led by the likes of Mark Dredge
- 40 page booklet to take home