The Level 2 Award in Food Safety provide a flexible syllabus which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical environments may include:
- pubs, hotels, restaurants;
- supermarkets and retail environments;
- food and drink manufacturers;
- care homes;
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved;
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks
(personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling);
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
This course is brought to you by Hull CVS and SOVA
Please note lunch is NOT provided with this course.
When & Where
Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS)
A registered charity, Hull CVS has been supporting the sustainable development of voluntary and community groups and promoting volunteering in Hull since 1981.
Our work is guided by the values of promoting justice, equality and improving quality of life.
Whether you are a small community-led group or a large one with paid members of staff Hull CVS is here to help you.