Actions and Detail Panel
Foraging and wild food course - Liverpool
Sat 6 May 2017, 13:00 – 15:30 BST
This foraging walk is designed to familiarise yourself with a wide range of common edible plants, their uses as food and medicine, and how to differentiate them from potential poisonous lookalikes.
Spring is a great time to forage as plants are sending up succulent and nutritious new growth. You will also lean how to forage legally, ethically and mindfully, with sustainable consumption as a key goal.
Typically we would cover up to 30 edible species of plant in the 2-3 hours, also there is a possibility of the odd edible spring fungi also. Attendees are encourages to take photos, notes and samples to aid their learning.
What is covered
- Foraging law, ethics and safety
- Sustainability and mindful harvesting
- Plant (and poss some fungi) ID Skills
- The foragers mindset (learn to look not to search)
- Food and medicinal use suggestions for plants
Full details will be sent to those booking nearer the date.
any questions please ask.