Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence Briefing - by DS Gittins (Public Protection Unit)
- To identify the difference between arranged and forced marriages
- To understand honour based abuse
- Understand the motives behind forced marriages and why they happen
- What criminal offences can occur
- What tools are available to support professionals
- What tools and safeguarding tactics are available to support victim
Who is it for?
This briefing provides crucial up-to-date information for anyone working directly or indirectly with children, young people and adults in the Wolverhampton area. It is suitable for front line practitioners and line managers, and volunteers.
Please note this event is only open to people working or volunteering within the Wolverhampton area. There is some on road parking in the surrounding streets, however this might be limited. The church is approx. 20 mins walk from the city centre.