ForMission Mentor Training - Birmingham: Dates 2016/2017
23rd September 2016, 7:30pm - 24th September 2016, 4:30pm
20th January 2017, 7:30pm - 21st January 2017, 4:30pm
19th May 2017, 7:30pm - 20th May 2017, 4:30pm
Lift your mentoring skills to the next level. Leading our training programme is Dr Rick Lewis.
“Whenever Rick has taught our students they have found him challenging, engaging & inspiring…This has been true of day events & three-day events. Rick has the exceptional gift of being able to draw on his own practice and experience and communicate what he has learned in ways that ministerial students can grasp and make use of.” Stephen Finamore, Principal, Bristol Baptist College, United Kingdom
The aims of the training are to provide practical training as a spiritual mentor; to move beyond education to build competency in mentoring ministry; and to apply training materials to the actual mentoring partnership of trainees. The structure of the training involves four stages: instruction, action, supervision, and reflection.
Each workshop is split into themes, as follows:
Workshop 1: Foundations for Christian Mentoring
- Understanding mentoring in relation to other means of personal growth
- The value and relevance of mentoring in the contemporary context
- Overview of the mentoring cycle
- Biblical basis for mentoring
- Creating an effective mentoring environment
- Getting organised for mentoring
- How to discern the most relevant issues
Workshop 2: Applying Mentoring tools and Principles
- The place of goal setting in mentoring
- Helping people construct their own action steps
- Employing prayer and the Bible in mentoring
- Questioning and listening skills
- Using reflective writing in mentoring
Workshop 3: Developing Mentoring Skills
- Varieties of types and styles of mentoring
- Providing positive accountability
- Issues in mentoring leaders
- The mentor as change agent
- Personal development paths for mentors and mentorees
The programme is made up of three workshops (two-days per session) and run over nine months at each of our campuses.
For this entire mentoring programme we charge £185.00 which includes training, personal supervision sessions during the nine months, a training book and access to power points. The fee does not cover main meals and accommodation. If you are staying overnight we would encourage you to make these arrangements in advance.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Leadership can’t survive without wisdom. What I’ve found is that Rick Lewis has helped me get to a wiser place, where I see new perspectives and strategies about my ministry and gain a bit of insight into myself. No lecturing, no nagging, just really informed and up to date counsel with prayerful attention to what God is doing.”
Rev. Neill Archer, Rector of Malmesbury Abbey, United Kingdom