ForMission Mentor Training - London, Dates 2017:
3rd Feb 2017, 7:30pm - 4th Feb 2017, 4:30pm
9th June 2017, 7:30pm - 10th June 2017, 4:30pm
6th Oct 2017, 7:30pm - 7th Oct 2017, 4:30pm
We are pleased to offer our mentor training programme in London/Bath for the first time. Leading the training programme is Dr Rick Lewis.
“Whenever Rick has taught our students they have found him challenging, engaging & inspiring…This has been true of day events & three-day events. Rick has the exceptional gift of being able to draw on his own practice and experience and communicate what he has learned in ways that ministerial students can grasp and make use of.” Stephen Finamore, Principal, Bristol Baptist College, United Kingdom
The aims of the training are to provide practical training as a spiritual mentor; to move beyond education to build competency in mentoring ministry; and to apply training materials to the actual mentoring partnership of trainees. The structure of the training involves four stages: instruction, action, supervision, and reflection.
Each workshop is split into themes, as follows:
Workshop 1: Foundations for Christian Mentoring
- Understanding mentoring in relation to other means of personal growth
- The value and relevance of mentoring in the contemporary context
- Overview of the mentoring cycle
- Biblical basis for mentoring
- Creating an effective mentoring environment
- Getting organised for mentoring
- How to discern the most relevant issues
Workshop 2: Applying Mentoring tools and Principles
- The place of goal setting in mentoring
- Helping people construct their own action steps
- Employing prayer and the Bible in mentoring
- Questioning and listening skills
- Using reflective writing in mentoring
Workshop 3: Developing Mentoring Skills
- Varieties of types and styles of mentoring
- Providing positive accountability
- Issues in mentoring leaders
- The mentor as change agent
- Personal development paths for mentors and mentorees
The programme is made up of three workshops (two-days per session) and run over nine months at each of our campuses.
For this entire mentoring programme we charge £185.00 which includes training, personal supervision sessions during the nine months, a training book and access to power points. The fee does not cover main meals and accommodation. If you are staying overnight we would encourage you to make these arrangements in advance.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Leadership can’t survive without wisdom. What I’ve found is that Rick Lewis has helped me get to a wiser place, where I see new perspectives and strategies about my ministry and gain a bit of insight into myself. No lecturing, no nagging, just really informed and up to date counsel with prayerful attention to what God is doing.”
Rev. Neill Archer, Rector of Malmesbury Abbey, United Kingdom