Foundations in Philanthropy for Trustees & Leaders
Major gifts fundraising for trustees and charity leaders
Are you a trustee of a charity? Or a leader of a charity with ambitious fundraising targets? Do you need a robust major gifts fundraising strategy to deliver long-term impact for your organisation?
Foundations in Philanthropy for Trustees and Leaders is a one-day seminar designed specifically to help you build philanthropic income and secure major gifts.
Drawing on our 30 years of experience working with trustees, chief executives and senior leaders, Foundations in Philanthropy will give you a practical understanding of how to succeed in major gift fundraising and your role in achieving success.
This one-day seminar is delivered by Philanthropy Company in partnership with Lucidity and covers:
- The role of a trustee or leader in major gifts
- The importance of vision
- Methodology: 7 Steps of Fundraising
- What motivates donors to give
- How to ask for gifts
- How to developing your fundraising team
- 10 success factors of fundraising
The day is designed to be practical with a mixture of professional research, case studies and opportunities to learn from the experiences of others. Attending this seminar will give you a list of practical ‘must-do’ actions to be implemented immediately on your return.
The seminar includes:
- All catering throughout the day (tea, coffee, lunch)
- A round table working lunch with Philanthropy Company CEO Caroline Underwood
- A package of professional materials including templates on major gift fundraising
- To help you build momentum after the seminar, each attendee will have the option to have a 1:1 mentoring session after the event
- In addition, an ongoing support package at separate cost is available on request
At the end of the seminar you will have:
- An understanding of major gift fundraising in today’s competitive market
- A guide to your role in delivering success
- A briefing on the formal requirements of Trustees in relation to fundraising compliance
- A practical guide to the 7 steps of fundraising and what it means for your organisation
- Insights and how to develop your understanding of your supporters and what motivates them
- Confidence to make an ‘ask’ for a donation
- Tactics to motivate, support and develop your fundraising team
- A support network from other leaders experiencing some of the same challenges as you
About Lucy Gower and Lucidity
Lucy Gower is founder and director at Lucidity. She is a best-selling author, trainer, coach and consultant specialising in innovation and creative thinking to drive transformational results for individuals and organisations.
Lucy led the first innovation team at the NSPCC, one of the UK’s largest children’s charities. She has over a decade of fundraising experience and has worked with over 50 organisations including Alzheimer’s Society, Amnesty International, Cystic Fibrosis Trust, Mind, Nesta and The Children’s Society to help individuals and teams to work better together to develop ideas and make their innovations happen.
She is an international speaker on fundraising and innovation and can be often seen on Twitter @lucyinnovation.
About Philanthropy Company
Philanthropy Company’s mission is to increase philanthropic giving. We work with charities and donors to create environments in which philanthropy can flourish. We work with CEOs, Trustees, Directors of Development and their teams at both the strategic and hands-on level, across all sectors. Current clients include Christian Aid, The National Trust, The Halo Trust, BAFTA, University of Buckingham, Chelsea Academy, Stoll, St George’s College, and the Francis Crick Institute.
Caroline Underwood, CEO, is a senior leader and an expert in fundraising and philanthropy. She was a board level executive director as Director of Philanthropy and Partnerships at Save the Children where she tripled high value income and built a team of over 80 fundraisers in the UK as well as playing a key role in income generation internationally with an effort to grow income to US$2.4billion. Caroline is a Trustee of Unicef and a Governor of the Dragon School.
Wednesday 22nd February 2017
Central London - tbc
- Early Bird Places (book before 31st January 2017) – £750 per person
- Full Price Places – £895 per person
- Two Delegates from the same organisation: £1050
For more information
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how Foundations in Philanthropy can help you and your organisation, contact us on 0203 367 2091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com