Fracking will boost the local economy, create thousands of jobs, fund much needed road improvements and new civic facilities, and provide cheap energy.
Fracking will industrialise the countryside, undermine tourism, hit property values, create noise, pollution and large volumes of HGV traffic, and be hazardous to health.
What do you believe? What are the facts? This is your opportunity to have your say and find out.
This not to be missed event will be based on the BBC Question Time format
If you would like to ask the Speaker Panel a question on the night, then send it to the organisers ('CONTACT' button below). NOTE that your question will only be asked if you attend.
Admittance by ticket only
Chair: Helen Robinson. Lawyer.
- Rob Arnott, Research Associate at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies and oil industry strategist
- Councillor Lindsay Burr, North Yorkshire County Council, Malton Division, NY Independent
- Chris France, Director of Planning, North York Moors National Park Authority
- Dr Joanne Hawkins, Lecturer in Business Law, Leeds University, specialising in land law and environmental law
- Kevin Hollinrake MP, Thirsk & Malton
- Tom Pickering, Director Ineos Upstream