• To know when, and how, to conduct a healthy conversation about alcohol
• To explore how to advise people on how to reduce their alcohol consumption and seek support where necessary
• 76% of our trainees improved their confidence in initiating a conversation about alcohol
• 86% of our trainees improved their confidence in screening an individual
• 90% of our trainees improved their confidence in delivering brief advice
• 100% of our trainees felt that they had gained knowledge, the training was well structured and was delivered and presented clearly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is this course for? Everyone who works with local residents in Islington or Haringey is eligible, from groups of any size to individuals and departments. The training is not for those who already have specialist skills in alcohol.
How long is the course? This is a half-day course running for 3.5 hours.
How much does the course cost? There is no charge for attending this course. However, participants will be charged £50 if they cancel within 24 hours of the start of the training or do not attend the training without cancelling first.
When is the course available? We offer the course throughout the year at various locations. However, places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested in attending, please book your place as soon as possible. All training dates are advertised on EventBrite and the HAGA website training calendar.
I'd like my whole team, service or project trained. Is that possible? Absolutely. We can also come to your service or project to deliver the course to group sizes of five or more by arrangement; just get in touch to arrange an in-house training.
Where is the course held? The courses are held at various locations throughout Islington and Haringey and can be delivered in your service or project by arrangement. Please check EventBrite or the HAGA website for up-coming dates.
Who delivers the training? The course is delivered by Community Lifestyle Trainers working for HAGA, the alcohol action charity, based in North London with over thirty-five years of experience in working to address alcohol misuse.
How do I book my place? Confirm your attendance with your manager and book the date that you'd like to attend via EventBrite or email IBA.email@example.com directly. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Book today to secure your place.
We value your feedback: Your feedback enables us to continuously improve our training. All participants are emailled a follow-up questionnaire two-months after attending the course.