Actions and Detail Panel
Free Coaching as a Guest Client (Full Day) January 21 2017
Sat 21 January 2017, 09:45 – 16:30 GMT
We invite you to participate as a guest coaching client in our Professional Coaching Course. You will work one-on-one with an experienced professional who is a student in this rigorous year-long programme.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Receive support in developing a new competence, getting unstuck in some aspect of your life, or opening a new possibility for yourself. The topic for the coaching is yours to choose. Topics in the past have included career direction, relationship issues inside or outside work, professional development, self-image, or learning a new skill.
- Explore coaching as a potential professional path. Being a guest client is an excellent way to learn if an integral approach to coaching is something you would like (and feel called) to develop.
- Support us in assessing the skill and competence of the students in the course. Your feedback helps us to qualify them for certification as coaches.
The coaching is available at no charge. Because this is an important part of the programme, we are looking for people who:
- Have a genuine interest in being coached
- Are open to revealing part of themselves and hearing a new perspective
- Can commit to showing up (and on time!)
General information for all free coaching events
- You receive coaching at no charge from a student in our Professional Coaching Course. The student is learning our methodology and practicing it with you. Our students tend to be professionals with significant work and life experience. In many cases, coaching is their second or even third career.
- You select the coaching topic and we match you with a student who will coach you. We ask you to tell us about your topic before we connect you with a coach so that we can make the best match. In 99% of the cases, the topics that guest clients pick are within the range of our coaches.
- You have two conversations with your coach: an initial one where you describe your coaching topic, they ask questions, and they get to know you. In the second conversation, they share with you what they observed and offer you a new way of thinking about your situation. In between, there is a pause when they are digesting and reflecting, and you are on your own.
- We ask you to make a firm commitment to being there since your participation is vital to the success of the day.