Please note - to come along to a taster session, you must be a student, currently studying in London. You may also come if you have graduated from a University of London College, or are a member of staff at a UoL College.
If you do not have a ticket: Important
Please note if you add yourself to the waiting list you will still be permitted access to the pool, but there will be a charge of £8 for full students who have a student central card, or £10 if you do not have a full student card. If a space becomes available you will be emailed to offer you a place which guarantees you a free swim if you turn up by 1845. If you remain on the waiting list and people have not turned up by 1850 who are on the main list then we will issue you a free pass for the pool.
SCHEDULE OF SESSON
6:30pm - turn up at EnergyBase with ticket from here on phone/printed and swap for a free entry ticket.
If you are thinking of joining a gym, hold off because you can have gym access as a UOL student for only £120 for the year or £150 as a non UoL Student. This is half price and only available with LUST membership.
6:45pm - get changed - cut off time to arrive for your free swim
7pm - have a swim, have fun and follow the coaches instructions.
8pm - session finishes
8:30pm onwards - drinks in upstairs bar to meet your fellow swimmers and ask questions about the club.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a friendly, student run, swimming team. We cater for all swimming abilities and as long as you can swim, you can join. We DO NOT run "swimming lessons".
We train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 7-8pm, Wednesday, 2:30-4pm, Saturday 4-5pm at EnergyBase.
Competitive swimmers are able to access further training near BUCS events.
The membership fee is £60 for UoL students and £75 for Non UoL students for the year with a cost for the pool use, which is additional £60 for full students or £75 for associate students.
We train in Central London at Student Central in the Bloombury Campus, so easily accessible by tube/walking for the majority of students in London.
- Opportunity to compete in 3 friendly galas a year for all members (and if they are out of London we will subsidise the accomodation cost).
- Swimmers selected to represent the University of London at BUCS in Sheffield are given free accomodation and 50% off their train ticket back, making the membership even better value for money.
- On the run up to BUCS, we train at the Olympic Pool, for no additional cost to members.
- 5.5 hours of coaching a week for competitive swimmers, 4 for non-competitive.
- Summer vacation with the team (self funded).
- Two highly qualified coaches pushing to you make your personal best times and/or improve technique.