Actions and Detail Panel
FREE LUST Taster Session
Thu 27 October 2016, 18:45 – 20:30 BST
Please note - to come along to a taster session, you must be a student, currently studying in London. You may also come if you have graduated from a University of London College, or are a member of staff at a UoL College.
SCHEDULE OF SESSON
6:30pm - turn up at EnergyBase if you have secured a place. In the meantime, once you've secured a place go to www.studentcentral.london/lust (you can create an account online, or should already have access if you have a Student Central Card- check your junk mail), purchase a free taster session ticket, which will be valid for one week after free purchase, however, you must also have secured your place here to use it on the given day.
If you are thinking of joing the gym at Student Central, please note LUST student members get 50% off the standard rates.
6:45pm - get changed
7pm - have a swim, have fun and follow the coaches instructions.
8pm - session finishes
8:30pm onwards - drinks in upstairs bar to meet your fellow swimmers and ask questions about the club.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a friendly, student run, swimming team. We cater for all swimming abilities and as long as you can swim, you can join. We DO NOT run "swimming lessons".
We train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 7-8pm, Wednesday, 2:30-4pm, Saturday 4-5pm at EnergyBase.
Competitive swimmers are able to access further training near BUCS events.
The membership fee is £60 for UoL students and £75 for Non UoL students for the year with a cost for the pool use, which is additional £60 for full students or £75 for associate students.
We train in Central London at Student Central in the Bloombury Campus, so easily accessible by tube/walking for the majority of students in London.
- Opportunity to compete in 3 friendly galas a year for all members (and if they are out of London we will subsidise the accomodation cost).
- Swimmers selected to represent the University of London at BUCS in Sheffield are given free accomodation and 50% off their train ticket back, making the membership even better value for money.
- On the run up to BUCS, we train at the Olympic Pool, for no additional cost to members.
- 5.5 hours of coaching a week for competitive swimmers, 4 for non-competitive.
- Summer vacation with the team (self funded).
- Two highly qualified coaches pushing to you make your personal best times and/or improve technique.