Actions and Detail Panel
Free Mental Health conference for staff working with young people
Fri 7 July 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
A free one-day conference to promote skills, understanding and knowledge of mental health and provide school staff with the confidence to recognise and act.
- Enhance knowledge, attitudes, skills, understanding and confidence when supporting children and young people with mental health issues.
- Provide practical strategies that could be used right away to support children and young people
- Outline and share a range of resources for use by schools – including school mental health policies
- Support networking of colleagues with an interest in Mental Health in the North of England so that best practice can be shared beyond the event
- Highlight good work being done by a case study school
- Highlight the work and resources of relevant charities and organisations which schools might draw on
- Promoting positive wellbeing, including warning signs, and strategies.
- Case Study School Mental Health: Caring for the Individual in practice.
- Self-Harm, Eating Disorders and Anxiety
- Speaker Panel
We will update this page with exact timings and speaker details at a later date.
Charities and other local organisations whose work involves the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people are welcome to run an exhibition stand.
Please note: charitable funds enable us to put on this event without cost to the delegates, and we don't want these funds to go to waste. So if you register for a ticket but find you are not able to attend, please email us to let us know.