Healthwatch Portsmouth is the independent consumer champion for health and social care in Portsmouth
- We provide people with information, advice and support about local health and social care services.
- We gather views and experiences of local people on the way services are delivered and provided.
- We influence local services based on the evidence that we gather and through our position on the Health and Wellbeing Board in the city.
- We work with other Healthwatch organisations to build a national picture of people’s views on health and social care services.
- Our advocacy service offers support and guidance to people who wish to make a complaint about NHS care.
This practical, interactive workshop is designed to introduce the NHS complaints process and understand the local process.
The workshop will cover:
- How to make an NHS Complaint and offer support to others.
- Understanding the NHS Complaints system and underpinning legislation.
- How to identify where to go for help and support when making a complaint
- Qualities of what good NHS advocacy support looks like.
The workshop is aimed at anyone who supports individuals who may need to make an NHS complaint.
By then end of the workshop you will feel more confident in supporting your clients or service users when dealing with NHS complaints and have an understanding of what good advocacy looks like.
If you have any questions regarding this training please contact us on
Tel: 02393 977 079