Actions and Detail Panel
Free-ranging 2017: Out on your own one day workshop
Tue 7 March 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
7th March | 9:30 am – 4:00 pm – Being a freelancer, or running your own business is a big life decision. It’s highly competitive and littered with unknowns; where is the next pay cheque coming from, what if no one wants to buy your services, what if you’re too busy, how do you balance work and life, how do you grow a sustainable business model and what if it fails?
Free-ranging 2017: Out on your own is a one day workshop. It’s been designed for anyone who is:
- New to freelancing or running their own business.
- Already freelancing or running your own business and want to increase your income.
- Thinking about going out on your own and haven’t made the leap yet.
Running your own business whether you are a sole trader or building a company, is exciting. You work at full speed and juggle sales and delivery, strategy and operation, growth and cash-flow, finance and marketing, clients and your health, order and chaos, PR and making the tea. Sometimes you clean and tidy, but not often.
The workshop is designed to provide support, practical advice and inspiration on the following areas of a free-range working life:
- How to focus and articulate your core offer; clearly and concisely. Nail your niche.
- Effective efficiency: what to do, and what not to do.
- Reputation: the difference between the average middle, and the high performing top.
- Marketing: build your brand awareness
- Profit: know the value of your offer and price accordingly – every time.
- Yourself: finding time for you and why it benefits your bottom line. Being fit for purpose. Resilience and freshness.
- Inspiration and motivation: for you and others, for the long-term.
Lucy Gower will share hard-learned lessons based on her experiences as well as knowledge gained from coaching entrepreneurs and business owners to focus and grow their ventures.
Free-ranging 2016: Out on your own is designed for you if you are facing the challenges of working for yourself. This is an interactive workshop with opportunities for, and expectation of, active participation. You will learn from each other and are encouraged to buddy up and become a mutually beneficial support network.
Book now – places are limited!
“The workshop was a brilliant immersion in the realities of going free-lance – from the why, what and how of it, to the day to day realities of fees, marketing and simply remembering to take care of yourself. I found it hugely helpful at this early stage of my journey to full free-ranger, and will be referring back to my workbook many times as I go forward.” Dawn Varley, FPM Dingo
Speaker: Lucy Gower
Lucy Gower is founder and director at Lucidity. She is a trainer, coach and consultant and specialises in innovation and creative thinking to drive transformational results for individuals and organisations.
Lucy led the first innovation team at the NSPCC. Since leaving in 2012 Lucy has worked with over 50 organisations to help individuals and teams work better together to develop ideas and make their innovations happen.
Lucy is the author of the best-selling book the Innovation Workout, a regular conference speaker and blogger and is often seen on Twitter @lucyinnovation.
If you have any questions about the content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org