Actions and Detail Panel
FUNDAMENTALS OF DESIGN THINKING, IDEATION & CREATIVE THINKING - UX TRAINING
Thu 24 August 2017, 09:30 – 17:30 BST
About the course
The talent and knowledge within your organisation (or your clients' organisations) can be a great asset if only it can be unleashed creatively and collaboratively. You need to unlock the creativity from subject matter experts who don't usually get involved with such things, and get those that do normally design things to approach solution forming from a wider or completely different perspective all together. You need to also unlock people from their own assumptions and pet solutions and get people working together to share, co-create and ultimately co-own resulting solutions.
This course takes you through a whole workshop process to do exactly this. You will participate in a full end to end program of activities learning by trying out a number of representative techniques for real.
It’s fun, it’s interactive, you will meet interesting people to exchange ideas and experiences with, you will produce something worthwhile and go back to your desk armed with weapons (and a few dinner party tricks) to impress your colleagues and friends.
What will you learn?
- The principles of idea generation - the idea lifecycle
- Generating a shared brief
- Getting the most out of groups, overcoming barriers to sharing
- Exploding ideas (numerous techniques and theories)
- Evaluating and communicating ideas
- Developing ideas
- Introduction to testing ideas in the wild for validation
After completing the training, participants will be able to
- Understand the full cycle of how briefs are turned into concepts through idea generation, evaluation and development
- Understand the theories behind idea collaboration
- Control the theories behind idea collaboration
- Learn key techniques for idea generation
- Practice and consolidate understanding though practice with key techniques
- Gain confidence in how to find and adapt techniques to meet your specific needs
- Pastries on arrival
- Hot & cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion
About the trainer
Dr Jon Dodd - CEO and Co-Founder
In the late 90s Jon escaped the cosy confines of academia where he researched (amongst other things) how you and your brain judge attractiveness, discern the shapes of shampoo bottles, and make decisions when shown visual illusions (he can also tell you a thing or two about how faces indicate age, gender and trustworthiness and why caricatures work so well).
In 1999 Jon co-founded Bunnyfoot Ltd, the leading usability and user centred design consultancy (he remains the CEO), and more recently Think Eyetracking - a consultancy which provides cutting edge market research and software for optimising the performance of all visual media.
He likes to keep hands on where possible (recent clients include Boden, Microsoft and Nectar) but is also in demand for national and international conferences and training. Jon is currently writing a book on 'the psychological and visual basis of customer decision making' and needless to say he is searching for a more punchy title – suggestions?