This session (worth 8 CPD hours) offers a beginners guide to IT, and how it can work for dance teachers and their schools.
The aims of this workshop are to help you:
- Gain confidence and learn the basics in Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher for your business
- Understand and maintain computer drives, folders, files and health.
- Using a PC to maintain CPD records, ie CPD e-portfolio and declarations
- Convert file types – work with different file types and converting for sharing on social networks, ie Facebook
- Understand internet downloads and hyperlinks
- Make the RAD website work for you
On completion of the workshop you will:
Have an understanding of how your PC and software can work for you and be able to complete the IT-related RAD tasks.
You will have worked on projects that will have given you the tools and confidence to tackle IT related projects for your school business. This will allow you to run your school efficiently whilst providing a professional service to your consumer and other businesses.
- MS Excel – streamline and monitor school expenditure
- MS Word – present professional teaching documents that will help school efficiency
- MS Publisher – produce professional marketing material for school shows
For more information please visit: https://www.rad.org.uk/study/cpd/cpd-activities/find-a-cpd-course/fundamentals-of-it-for-dance-teachers-6