FUNDING FOR FAST GROWTH workshop
"All the workshop participants I got to know at your event are of the same opinion: your workshops are just what one needs. I've learnt more today than during 10 months of knocking on many so-called 'funding opportunity doors' and approaching other start-up support organisations!" - Wilfried Rimensberger
Why aren't investors interested? You've dreamed it, you've planned it, you've pitched it and still...no money. You need to turn the business plan into capital. And it all comes down to just one thing ...your ability to successfully play "The Funding Game"
The Funding for Fast Growth half-day workshop will help you -
1. Quickly build the critical tools you need to attract investors
2. Learn how to find and approach the investors
3. Secure the right investment deal for you and your business
Who's it for?
The Funding for Fast Growth workshop is ideal for ambitious entrepreneurs who are either in the start-up phase and are unsure of where or how to raise the capital to launch or already trading but need more capital to reach profitability and scale.
How you will benefit
The Funding for Fast Growth workshop packs a massive amount content in a simple to follow step-by-step approach to securing investment.
At the end of the workshop you will have:
- Invaluable insights from successful angel investor Colin Coghlan
- A DIY approach to finding angel investors
- Tips for creating a compelling executive summary
- A template for a winning executive summary
- Tools to value an early stage business
- An understanding of how to develop a credible and attractive business forecast for investment
- An `insiders’ list of recommended, small-business-friendly VCs, bankers, angel networks, lawyers, accountants and more
- Methods for dramatically increasing the credibility of your team for investors
- An alternative route for debt funding to support your business
- Invaluable tips on how to pitch your business to an angel investor
- Advice on how to assess the true value of an offer from an angel investor
- Direction on how to give away the least amount of equity stake
- Key legal pitfalls to watch out for
- A clear understanding of how to play the funding game
Paul Grant founder of The Funding Game
Paul knows what it’s like to be on both sides of the funding fence. As an entrepreneur he raised funds for his own business, securing capital from business angels, bankers, family and friends, and even a government grant.
After seven years of trading he exited his business in 2003 and was invited to join a private equity company, Capital Partners, eventually heading up the business angel division. Here he had access to nearly 5,000 angel investors and reviewed more than 1,000 business plans every year.
During this time Paul learnt a lot about why so many businesses fail to secure the funding they need in the start-up and growth phases. Paul has met with many investors, bankers, and venture capitalists over the years and in the course of his work has uncovered what they are really looking for.
More importantly, Paul has developed an approach to raising capital that works. He is keen to share with you what he has learnt as an entrepreneur and as an industry insider.
Colin Coghlan - Successful angel investor will be demystifying how an angel investor thinks and what they are looking for.
Colin Coghlan is a business angel and private investor who advises both entrepreneurs and investors and speaks on the subject of investment at various events. Colin's early career was in the energy industry before moving to the wireless infrastructure sector. He was General Manager of one of the founding companies of the Freeview television service before becoming CEO of one of the others and ultimately leading it through a trade sale. Colin's portfolio is focused on the TMT sector including television, mobile and cloud computing.
What is this event worth to you?
- Ultimately this one-day workshop is all about saving your valuable time as you seek the finance you need to fund your business. For some entrepreneurs this can take years of mistakes and trips down many blind alleys. We aim to fast-track your learning and deliver practical resources you can use to get a head start quickly. How much is your time worth?
- Once you find the funding you need we provide you with the strategies to make sure you hold on to as much equity stake in your business as possible. When it comes to an exit this advice alone could save you hundreds of thousands of pounds.
- We have known some entrepreneurs spend up to £100k in professional and marketing fees. More commonly, small-business owners spend £2-3k. We aim to ensure you spend much, much less - ideally nothing outside of this event.
What other entrepreneurs say
“This is a great resource for new businesses” “Extremely insightful and informative”
“Nice to hear from somebody who has achieved what they are talking about”
“I’ll recommend this event to others” "Inspiring and kick-started me into action"
"Clear, concise, basically excellent" "Really worthwhile attending this event"
“You’ve given me a completely new perspective on funding”
When & Where
The Funding Game
Hosted by The Funding Game in association with the British Library Business & IP Centre.
The Funding Game workshops provide an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs to learn how to fund an early stage business, and to network with professionals who have succeeded at the funding game. Seminars are held several times a year and places tend to go quickly. To register your interest in future events please contact us www.thefundinggame.co.uk