This workshop will introduce participants to the key aspects of fundraising. It will support participants to understand the jargon used, think about what key information is needed and how to complete successful grant applications.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
- is looking to apply for the LCF Elephant & Castle grant
- organisation is based in or working in the Elephant & Castle area
- writes funding applications
- is interested in writing funding applications
• Write successful funding applications: understand the different sections of an application form;
• Get fit for funding
• Understand monitoring and evaluation: proving the need, know your SMART Outcomes
• Plan your budget: what might you ask for money for, what makes a strong budget?
• Understand what you should incorporate in a funding application
On completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
• identify what funders are asking for in different sections of an application form
• plan monitoring and evaluation of projects
• and be familiar with specific terminology used in fundraising
FREE but a fee of £25 will be sent out to non-attendees
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of two people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.
Community Southwark, Development Team
When & Where
We equip Southwark’s voluntary organisations and community groups with the tools and information they need to help them make a difference in the communities they serve. Community Southwark is a Registered Charity (no. 1105835) and a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (no. 5090324).