Fundraising from Trusts & Foundations - FSI
Tuesday, 14 October 2014 from 09:00 to 17:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Fundraising from Trusts & Foundations
This course will benefit those starting out in Trust and Foundation fundraising, or those who want to refresh their strategies for researching, selecting and applying to Trusts and Foundations.
With an estimated 10,000 independent trusts and foundations in the UK giving £2 billion in grants each year they are a prime source of funding for your organisation. However, it is absolutely vital that you properly prepare your applications, undertaking your research and develop tailored proposals that meet their specific criteria.
This course aims to give participants the essential skills and knowledge they need to develop successful fundraising from trusts and foundations.
Following this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of trusts and foundations, and the range of grant-making organisations in the UK
- Identify sources of research and information into trusts and foundations, both generally and specific to their area of work.
- Match their organisation or project’s needs with those of trusts and foundations, self-assessing own eligibility.
- Create a trust funding plan for their charity.
- Develop a trust funding application, using appropriate language and adhering to best practice principles and methods.
- Respond to an application decision, ensuring long-term relationships with grants and foundations.
This one day course will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm with breaks for tea/coffee and lunch. The course will be facilitated by Conchita Garcia, who began her career in the charity sector eight years ago after joining her first small charity where she gained experience in project management, fundraising and PR. Conchita has an MSc in Fundraising and Marketing and specialises in Trust and Foundations and Corporate Fundraising.
When & Where
The Clare Foundation
The Clare Foundation, a charity helping other charities become more effective and efficient. We take established commercial methods, business expertise and entrepreneurialism to the voluntary sector through training, mentoring, sharing best practice and networking at our "Charity Centre" in Buckinghamshire.