Actions and Detail Panel
Fundraising & Marketing with Crowdfunding | Goldsmiths, University of Londo...
Sat, 10 Jun 2017, 10:00 – Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 17:00 BST
Learn about all the different options for raising funds and marketing through crowdfunding. This course will ensure you are fully prepared to launch your campaign and get the money and support you need. Whether you are an artist, musician, filmmaker, writer, designer, photographer or you are involved with a community non-profit, gaining attention and access to funds is vital to bringing your ideas to fruition. Yet, 4 out of 5 campaigns fail through lack of insights and preparation. Learn about specialist platforms where an artist can make a living from their work through subscription payments, others where a budget can be raised for a book, a film, music or theatre production and yet others for funding community and non-profit initiatives. This is also an excellent way to gain matchfunding from institutions and grant givers, who see crowdfunding as a source of projects that have proven appeal. This course will ensure you can navigate your way through the hundreds of different platforms to choose what is best for you, create an engaging pitch video and develop your audience. You will also learn to market your project, gain a following and engage in a new way with fans and supporters.
What will I learn?
- What is crowdfunding
- Gain the skills to use it for marketing and raising funds
- Understand all the different platforms and how to choose the best one
- Become familiar with the different models: donations, rewards, patronage etc.
- Develop your marketing, positioning, messages and pitch
- Design your pitch video
- Define and develop an audience
- Learn how to use social media marketing to engage your followers and supporters
- How to launch and manage your fundraising campaign
This is an introductory course and no previous experience of having studied in this area is required.
This course runs over 3 Saturdays from 10am-5pm with an hour for lunch