Fundraising training course
Wednesday, 29 October 2014 at 09:30 - Thursday, 30 October 2014 at 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aim: An introduction to fundraising – the aim is to give initial information about how to fundraise in your organisation for entry level/new organisations.
Who should attend: Fundraisers from small charities who wish to develop a plan to access and secure support from a range of funders, to develop an effective case for why funders should support their cause and who are looking to access and secure funding from UK grant-making trusts and foundations.
Content: This training will cover -
- The case for support
- Trusts and Foundations
- Developing a fundraising plan
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will –
- Be able to identify the information and resources necessary to build the case
- Demonstrate how to use the case in writing and face to face
- Use the case as a starting point for building a relationship with funder
- Identify Trusts & Foundations
- How individual donors and philanthropy operates
- Understand private sector and corporate sponsorship
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practice requirements
- Understand the structure and submit application
- Identify relevant regulation and best practice in fundraising
- Understand how to build a fundraising plan
- Construct the outline of a fundraising plan for their organisation
Methodology: This will be a mixture of presentations, group exercises and discussions & hand-outs.
When & Where
We are a national membership organisation championing the voice of the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary, community and social enterprise sector. We work for a stronger and inclusive civil society to meet the needs of BME and other disadvantaged communities.
Telephone: 0207 697 4240