Main Stage - A day in the calendar of the modern law firm
9:00-9:45 Registration and Breakfast
9:45-9:55 Chairman's Introduction
9:55-10:05 Opening Keynote- Stepping into the future.
10:05-11:05 Board Meeting – Is it all about operational efficiency?
- Making an informed choice by using technology and business intelligence expertise to compare fixed price model vs. traditional pricing model
- Identifying areas of operations suitable for outsourcing
- Automate areas of the workflow to increase profitability
- Measure the growing impact of non-lawyer companies offering legal services
- Should our focus be on client satisfaction or client profitability?
- Ed Turner, Managing Partner at Taylor Vinters LLP
- Robert Marcus, Managing Partner at Jurit LLP
- Gordon Start, COO at Murgitroyd
- Ian Williamson, Director Tech Law at EY
11:05-11:45 Coffee & Tea Networking Session
11:45-12:45 Business Development & Marketing Forum -Measurables vs Intangibles.
- Focus vs one-stop-shop
- Tackling client dissatisfaction and increasing client retention
- Measuring everything - applying technology to measure client engagement and maximise the chances of referrals from clients
- Considering the role of online marketplaces
- Getting the correct marketing and business development support in positioning your law practice in an increasingly competitive legal landscape
-John Kennedy, Chief Marketing Officer at Wildbore & Gibbons LLP
-Al Keve, Global Director of Business Development at McDermott Will & Emery LLP
12:45-13:00 Stand-Alone Presentation
14:00-15:00 Cyber-Security, Data Risk, Training & Compliance Forum- Safeguarding systems and data, managing the risk.
- Cyber incident response
- Dealing with sensitive client data outside the EU directives
- A world of walls - controlling access to documents and client data within the firm and outside of it
- Alternative training practices
- Safeguarding client's information through technology
-Zeev Fisher, CEO at Pekama
15:00-16:00 Tech & Innovation Forum- Are we embracing tech and maximising return on investment? Are we innovating?
- Cloud transformation
- Increasing importance of IT & Technical experts in the modern-day law firm
- An era of automation
- Smart Contracts
-Ben Gardner, Data & Information Architect at Linklaters LLP
-Robert Lankester, Document Automation Manager at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
16:00-16:15 Stand-Alone Presentation
16:15-17:00 Coffee & Tea Networking Session
17:00-18:00 A.I. - a lawyer's best friend?
- The line between enemy behaviour and artificial intelligence
- How soon before every law firm is using A.I. in some form?
- Practical ways in which Legal A.I. will change how lawyers work
- Will Legal A.I. change the way that clients (large and small) make use of legal services?
- A.I. and the challenge of the billable hour
-Richard Tromans, Editor in Chief at Artificial Lawyer
-Chrissie Lightfoot, Co-Founder/Creator at Robot Lawyer LISA
18:00-18:15 Closing Remarks
18:15-20:00 Sponsored Champagne Reception
20:00 Back to Present
What to Expect on the Day?
Listen to 5 thought-provoking discussions by over 25 senior partners from leading UK and International law firms & handpicked legal innovators. Network with 200+ likeminded attendees looking beyond tomorrow in a fast changing legal landscape.
Get the tools, insights and inspiration you need to take your legal practice into the future. Attend 6 carefully selected legal solution and product demonstrations, that can help your practice to become an efficient, organised, and adaptable business that is ready to embrace the opportunities that new technologies are opening.
Harness technology to reach new levels of profitability
Manage your law practice in an era of digitisation
Find the latest strategies and best applications in dealing with change in an ever-evolving legal industry
Understand the future business of law
Networking with like-minded colleagues
Network with over 200 decision makers representing world leading Law Firms
Introduce your latest Legal Tech and Service offerings to carefully selected audience of Legal Partners & Senior Executives
Strengthen existing partnerships
Win new business
Find out what the latest trends in the legal sector are and be a tech-step ahead of them
Who Should Attend?
Managing, Senior & Junior Partners of Law Firms
Associates of Law Firms
CEOs of Legal Tech Companies
Heads of IT
In-House Legal Innovation Officers
Senior Data & Information Architects
Legal Marketing & Business Development Specialists
Legal Innovators & Solution Providers